Summer has arrived! As the seasons change, so should your home maintenance routine. Staying cool and safe all summer long is a priority. But so is hosting a great barbeque! Here are the top ways to prioritize cleaning, repairing and maintaining your home both inside and out to make the most of it this summer:
Stay Cool, Efficiently
Keeping your home cool all summer long is a huge priority. However, it comes with a cost! To save on utility bills, consider a few ways to increase your home’s efficiency.
- Change your AC filter
- Trim weeds and grass away from your condenser unit
- Get your solar panels professionally cleaned! AC runs on electricity, so this is crucial and will immediately increase your home’s efficiency all-around
- Be sure your ceiling fans are set to push air DOWN to keep a good circulation
- Try not to use heat-producing appliances during the day: oven/stove, dryer, dishwasher
- Patch any holes in your home’s exterior, and consider installing door sweeps to keep cold air in
- Replace old, inefficient windows – or apply window film to increase efficiency!
Spruce Up Your Exterior to Host
We are blessed with some of the best weather in the country, so enjoy the mild San Diego summer outdoors with friends and family! Cleaning up your home’s exterior so it looks its best for hosting is a breeze. Here are a few things to consider:
- Safety first! Inspect your deck, patio and fences for any loose boards, or to determine whether they need a fresh coat of paint or stain
- Invest in a full house wash. From your roof, to siding, patio, driveway and more, any mold or mildew issues will only get worse as summer goes on. Pressure washing can tackle all of these issues in a day, revealing a sparkling clean home that will last all season!
- Hire a professional to dethatch and fertilize your lawn, allowing it to thrive during the summer months
- Treat your yard and surrounding foliage for mosquitoes. Also, check for areas where standing water may pool, as this will enable pests to multiply!
- Light up your deck, patio, and other outdoor seating areas! Did you know that Shine Bright offers a lighting service? While the holiday season is our most popular, we can help you light up your home year-round!
Taking care of your home can be a lot of work! If you need help this summer, call us at 619-202-8902 for a free estimate on all your window cleaning, pressure washing, solar panel cleaning, or lighting needs. You can also get your estimate online here.